I arrived Mumbai on Friday. It’s too early to make conclusions, but so far here are 5 quick random impressions about this historic city.
- Mumbai is hotter than Bangalore. For the first time in a long while, I saw water come out of my skin – sweat. Oh no!
- As Mumbai is an historic city, some of the buildings look very old and “ugly”, unlike the new high rise buildings Bangalore boasts of 🙂
- So far, I rate Bangalorians higher in terms of being able to communicate in English. I’ve found it harder to communicate with the localites (taxi drivers, attendants etc) here in plain English compared to Bangalore.
- I’ve had to walk several miles to be able to locate good restaurants (I mean, the kind of restaurants I can eat in). Compared to Bangalore when I’m spoilt for choice.
- Quite a few things are cheaper in Mumbai than Bangalore. For instance, the minimum taxi fare in Mumbai is 21 ruppes while 25 rupees will only get you an auto-rickshaw in Bangalore.
- Friendly people everywhere. They greet you with a smile and are always willing to help with anything.
I’m loving Mumbai so far, I hope this continues as I continue to explore the city over the next few moons.
Let the pictures speak for themselves 🙂